LOOKBOOK | Matchy-matchy in shades of cerulean blue

halfwhiteboy light cobalt blue outfit 01

Yes, I know it's horrible: I deliberately went for a matchy-matchy getup. I know how overly color-coordinated outfits are often frowned upon but I went with it anyway. Whether I realized it too late or I was really aware of it from the start doesn't matter because I was matchy-matchy in cerulean blue.

Blame it on the shoes.

halfwhiteboy light cobalt blue outfit 02

They're cute, aren't they? I've had this pair for so long but for some reason never got to wear them until now. I don't know what I was thinking but I instantaneously thought of these similarly colored pants that I have and this old white shirt with subtle stripe accents in the same color - and just went for it. Oh yes, I even thought of this two-tone blue bow tie but thankfully I restrained myself. I swear it would have gone perfectly with the whole ensemble, though.

If anything at all, at least I opted for a rather colorful belt to break all this monochrome. But then, of course, it still has a shade that's anchored on my cerulean blue madness.

halfwhiteboy light cobalt blue outfit 03
halfwhiteboy light cobalt blue outfit 04
halfwhiteboy light cobalt blue outfit 05
halfwhiteboy light cobalt blue outfit 06
halfwhiteboy light cobalt blue outfit 07

Well, there was no awkward feeling at all throughout the day. I guess I just owned it, however cringe-worthy it may be to some.

So, what do you think?
____________
Shirt and pants (Topman); shoes (Zara Man); belt (Basic House).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler