FRAGRANCE | Dior Homme Intense: Another one for the cooler months

halfwhiteboy dior homme intense 01

Opened only after almost a year, this bottle of Christian Dior's Dior Homme Intense is finally on active rotation. I was saving it for the "cooler" months, so it was quite an exercise on self-restraint for me.

Packed in a sturdy and straightforward bottle, and with a distinctive black cylinder covering the pump's siphon, Dior Homme Intense is a warm and cuddly fragrance perfect for cooler temperatures. It's obvious from my other fragrance reviews and posts that I'm partial to warm scents, so me getting a bottle of this Dior creation is no surprise at all.

halfwhiteboy dior homme intense 02

It may be woody (and mildly musky to my nose) but Dior Homme Intense has a powdery sweetness to it that balances everything out. In addition to lavender as top note, iris and pear are also listed as middle notes after all. This explains the rather strange, makeup-like accord (iris, I learned later) and the thick, syrupy sweetness permeating the whole scent. I think this is why I can still wear it in a tropical climate like ours, although I'm mostly indoors in an office most of the day anyway. It's never cloying to me, neither is it too strong.

Projection is very good for about 1 to 2 hours, 3 at most, but it stays on your skin throughout the day, springing back to life every time you release some body heat from moving around. Great performance, I must say.

Overall, Dior Homme Intense is a classy men's fragrance that's worth your buck. Although it's best suited for cooler temperatures, to me it's still wearable in warmer climates, provided you're not out in the sun the whole time or playing sports for that matter.

Comments

  1. This is a great post. I bought this for my fiance for christmas, i love it when he wears it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler